First Year Board Apprentices
First Year Board Apprentices will gain the necessary skills to become facilitators of art in the student theatre community, while also furthering the connection between the Jewish Theatre Ensemble’s mission, theatrical work, and history by:
1) Supporting the work of the Jewish Theatre Ensemble by taking on administrative tasks, such as keeping minutes during meetings.
2) Shadowing each Jewish Theatre Ensemble position holder as part of a regimented calendar that will allow FBAs to observe how the Jewish Theatre Ensemble operates. Shadowing will include but not be limited to, meeting with positions to discuss their work, joining them on meetings that pertain to their position’s duties, and aiding each position in small tasks during the duration of their shadowing period.
3) Gaining a full knowledge of what it means to put up a show for the Jewish Theatre Ensemble by joining a JTE production team at some point during the year in any capacity.
4) Maintaining the Jewish Theatre Ensemble’s archive in the University Library throughout the year by submitting to librarians: oral histories about our work, printed materials such as programs and flyers from our shows, and internal documents such as meeting minutes and photographs. At the time of board turn over in the spring FBAs will use the archive to do a small presentation for the executive board on the history of the Jewish Theatre Ensemble, to ensure a strong knowledge of heritage is held by board members.
5) Conducting research throughout the year that sparks new connections between our shows and our season quote, and being responsible for bringing the season quote up in conversations, allowing the Jewish Theatre Ensemble to dig deeper into our season quote as each year moves on.